What is your main interest in the Internet?

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Privacy vs Professionalism

nsslabs.com
               Over the last month, I've been linked with others through the highly praised social connection of LinkedIN. The initial establishing of an account and discovering compatible contacts was relatively easy. I even received several requests from other professionals within the writing arena.

                My opinion of this endeavor thus far is still divided. For the reason that I look at it as yet another collection of my personal life left at the curb for all to rummage through. I’m beginning to believe there is no privacy left within our everyday lives. Plus, it seems be another facet to constantly be checking in on.
                Yet on the supportive side, we have the professional aspects of it. After all, I’m not simply connected to professionals; I am connected to authorities within my area of interest. Much like Twitter, I have daily interaction with literary agents, publishing firms, or simply other writers. And those are things I could definitely utilize...

                So I think I will need to see which way the scales tip as I continue to pursue my career as a writer.
www.matthewferrara.com

No comments:

Post a Comment